Tuesday 6 September 2011

The little ones

What's in the water everyone's drinking today?

I was sat at my desk at work and one of my work colleagues ' drops a large envelope on my desk ''something came through special delivery for you today'' he says and sits on my desk curious.  Blonde co worker joins him and i look at the small sticker stuck on the seal of the envelope ''to a special lady in our family''.

Hmmm.what the hell....? is what im thinking at this point

Opening it, i pull out a large A4 glossy card, with a recent pic of me dressed up in a lilac coloured eastern dress, holding my youngest nephew, and all the rest of my nephews and neices sat around me grinning, taken a few weeks ago. Written above in curly kiddy font is printed ''To our lovely Aunty.......''
i cant stop grinning while coworkers oh and ahh over the picture of the little ones.
i trace their faces with my finger and cant help but smile at their adorable little faces, each more cheekier than the next.

Inside reads ''we will always love you and know you want the best of us.'' Getting a bit teary i laugh and chat with the co workers as they sigh and talk about how nice it is to have a close knit family.

I whisper a silent prayer to God to always keep the little ones happy, and Carefully sliding the card into its envelope i cannot agree more with my coworkers comment.

The card will definately take pride of place on top of my fireplace at home.

Love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment